A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 09, 2021

my position

My position is that of an ounce
in the metric system. I used 
to be so much more.
An imperial ounce, but
no one knew what that means.
Sick of explaining 
the difference, I gave up.
In resignation, I became 
an ounce. 

But 
something had changed 
while I had changed.
I was surrounded now
by centimeters and
decimeters, building up
to meters, stretching
for kilometers 

They didn't seem to mean 
anything about heaviness at all

which was all I knew 
how to weigh. So I gave up.
In resignation. And became 
an imperial ounce. 

No comments: