A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, June 07, 2021

beauty wearing through

I was born on the Day of Judgment, and they
postponed it seeing how pretty I was.
You're welcome, I guess, if you love 
this life. Or I'm sorry if you do not, 
even though I reckon that it was less 
about me, now that I'm grown, but
that sweet baby there isn't one single
picture of! Apparently no one could bear it, 
placing a camera between their eye
and that face of love. Babies,
you see, are in general a kind of
a special effect. But by all accounts, 
I was born on the Day of Judgment, and my 
sweet face threw the schedule right out.
Correct. So I've always been somewhat 
surprised as I grew, first gorgeous enough 
(though I didn't know then), then weathered
and rugged-wise, finally softening to coot 
of zen, and supposing it's all a subjective scale
- surely uglier now than I was brand-new?

So, maybe the derail was more long-term? 

I don't think they'd see any reason to wait 
'til my beauty has worn clear though. 

No comments: