A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, January 29, 2021

armada and séance

I think you zero in a bit?
I can't define, quite tease it out. I believe

it does say something, doesn't it?  
When I say
what you just said
I did. You said 
it back. I can’t precisely
know or doubt. Let's say 
the quandary 
(if that)
is this:

Language is armada and séance.
We are always sending our fleets
of ships to sack, burn, or trade
laden with goods - and those very words
conjure spirit we never meant, spirit
we didn’t intend but (upon
someone raising it) yeah
indeed meant, and spirit
we can’t even say.

Like most. But who can say? 
Only most of us, as best we can, 
and climbing up along the way
and when we ever get there, 
boast. Let's rap the table,
blow out candles, hold 
hands round and raise
a toast. The ships 
have come in 
sight of coast. 

No comments: