A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, October 23, 2023

Disowned OR: Into The Void

Please not to dive too deep
or seize too hard, firmly or
insistently upon something
I put, which I then declare
overthrown and disowned
by mine own mind and
heart, subsequently.

I sent it, then unsent it, so
that meant it stank.

I discovered its scent
in a fuller tasting swallow
was bull shit or bird seed,
at any rate nothing to dig
a hole and drop in. Nothing
fruitful can germinate from
the disowned wooden acorn
I carved and tossed, or rolled
down some way wherein you

…stood, caught, or perhaps
stooped to examine.

When I disown something, there is
approximately zero (0) percent (0%)
chance it is "how I REALLY feel", and
zero chance it is "what I really THINK."

No, it is void. Annihilated when I disown
it, for I first fully-owned it, and only then
found it cracked, busted wide open and flying!
In a sphere of diminishing sharpnel... . .. . ..
. . . . .
. . .
.
. .

.

Feel free to claim otherwise, but
cite your basis and supporting detail.

I suspect and reckon you'll find
you staked your claim in air,
and have been hovering
there ever since like
a wily coyote,

oblivious to the long,
far,

fall

you seemingly crave.

"Meep eep!"

ERR ERR

No comments: