A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 01, 2022

meet cute

Downtown I espied
a new antiques shop.
Curiosity piqued,
I had to stop in 
to find what it means. 
You were there behind the counter
just counting beans
on a glass display case 
filled with new antiques. 
You asked 
how my day's been, 
I replied not bad. I asked 
how were your nights?

You said oh 
not 
evil or anything. 

This seemed wholesome
and a good thing to clarify. I thought, 
you're not one of those mind-reading 
psionic Templar witches are you? 

You said yes. 
So I thought very clearly and carefully 
only in words, hey, wanna go out? 

You beamed yes.
But seeing I didn't get it (apart 
from the smile) you said it 
aloud: yes.  

So as it was getting well 
up quittin' time anyway 
(I'd timed it just so) 
we took off up the street 
to the savage bistro 
for a bite to eat 
and some chi-chi drinks. 

Conversation's a bit
one-sided, though 
so you say, 
so I think. 

No comments: