A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Please be good, God

"Please be good, God"
Now that's 
one heck of a prayer. 
It just slipped out, when 
I realized I was begging my
computer, please be good 
little guy. I know, sometimes 
you conk out. Probably have to,
though. Too much on your 
mind, need a break - that's okay.
Please be good though for me, 

Then I realized this was just a bit 
too close to praying 
to a black box whose miracles 
I can't even understand. So 

I switched the aim 
"Please be good, God"
then I laughed. Praying 
for God to be good 
is like giving yourself a hand

in a way you can't applaud. 
Maybe after, not during 
at least. Let us be not vulgar 
or vain or gross in this, but 

be Good, God 
I prayed. And I laughed, 'cause 
I know God is good. Then reflected 
I do have faith! Please be good 
in this God, this little way, help 
this little black box keep up 
and run clean. Now 

I know if it doesn't, it don't 
mean you're mean. Sometimes shit 
happens, and it's nobody's fault 
but either free will or physics 
that's all. Sometimes an inconvenient
application occurs, or fails in the one 
or the other of those. And a miracle 
is not indicated, at least...maybe 
nobody asked, so the course ran 
on, and that course is a beast 
sometimes. So I asked. But 

I'd ask please not test 
my faith in this. Though 
I know it would be for the best, 
somehow if you did. I've got the faith 
of a child during summer vacation 
and tests often go amiss. Don't worry

I pass, on most all of them. That's a zero F
- sixty points lower than D. If I happen 
to walk into it though, I can bend and mend 
True/False or multiple choice by means 
of essays, and tick every box. I don't mind 

a test, so long as it's not ruled 
by some substitute parent 
spinning dark sarcasm 
at the top of the class 

in mismatched sox. Please 
be good, for me, in the matter
of this black box. Thank
you. 

Doesn't mean that much
but you're welcome to help, 
now, by miracle 
or visitation, it's just me 
who has to tell between. I trust you
for all tricks and tests I've applied 
or guest through like a star 
on tv. 

No comments: