A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

lost plots

When I was a child once
I made up a story to tell
grown-ups, about
who I actually was.
I wasn't the hero
just the one stuff happened to.
There was narration
like a pouty detective
on a missing case,
and a trusty cap gun
for standoffs
before it was dumb. Most
of it wasn't in the
story. I told them

other endings, or
about cases I'd solve
if they were mine. The narration
would go

"I'd really like to hit that guy.
He needs it"
but I didn't. Or
"That girl's sure pretty and needs
kissing!"

I didn't though. I was my own
sidekick in those says, self-
sufficient. Urging the hero

on. I don't know what he was
waiting for. You never saw

a girl needed kissing
so much in your life.

No comments: