A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, July 20, 2018

crying wolf in sheep's clothing

Piotr the folktale wolf felt
imprisoned in his role: he must always hunt sheep

by deceit.

Since that is how it goes
in the folktale he lives. He get ups
in the evening and put ons

sheep's clothes

like a deviant, he reproaches us all.
Why not as a wolf? I could stalk and slay
with the big bad worst of them! He cries

hot tears in shame,

getting wool in his eyes.

4 comments:

sophistikitty said...

! Poor Piotr.

Doubly so, because I'm incapable of pronouncing his name.

dogimo said...

I can't vouch for this one hundred percent.

PIOTR!

...but it seems legitimish.

sophistikitty said...

Oh I wiki'd, and got the same result!

In my head, though, reading the name, it just doesn't sound quite right.

dogimo said...

I find I have a pronounced lean towards you on name-pronunciationry.