A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, March 16, 2012

proof

I just got this data, and
there's nothing wrong with it
far as I can see. It looks good.
It looks like data. And they're asking me
is it right? Well, who are we to say
what's right? And what's wrong? Particularly
with data. Does data operate on our scale? Don't
anthropomorphize.

This doesn't fly. Is it right.

What am I supposed to do? Eat it? The whole
thing? Poop it out? "Yes. It was fine.
Nutritious." It would kill me, to do that
is that what you want? This data
it looks good to me. I see
nothing wrong with it. I'll try that.
Coy evasion. Confident smile. Looking from
face to face: "It looks good."

I say.

Empty eyes. Disappointment. Wise to it.

"Is it right?"

I sigh.

We used to have systems, for this. Before the dark
times. Before the changeover.

"What percentage of lines is an acceptable spot-check
for you guys?"

No comments: