A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, March 15, 2012

"caught up"

it shouldn't be so hard. I can see you,
and you don't appear
to even be moving. Let alone fast, but you dance
standing still as a building

as I sprint,
shin-splints
- pavement pounding up at my feet
my lungs pump -
I am trying to close all the distance
in the world

between a moment
and time
between a boy
and a girl
between skin and clothes

and I can't seem to catch
you, as close as I get
I am sure I'm getting closer
you are growing to fill
all the vision that my eyes
can hold

all the wisdom that my brain can
unfold
all the mission that my will
can embrace,
take on

- and the moment
I am sure
I could close the gap at last,
at least,
catch you up
with one desperate effort more
with a leap! with a lunge -
and I do!

and you're
gone.

No comments: