A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 26, 2012

be a man, man

I decided to take a piss
standing up, like a man
I did fine - quite astoundingly
well, I don't know why I'd be surprised!
I always do

quite astoundingly well. Well,
I confess: sometimes, I admit,
sometimes,

I do pee sitting down.

If I feel
there's a good chance of also taking
a shit, well

I'll demur to stand, and finally
be seated. I will acquiesce, yieldingly,
wantingly, to the possibility of an urge
fulfilled, a need emptied. I must do at least this:
be open to the chance of what's to come. In this life,
hey. You gotta. You at least: gotta. And yielding to
this plain, good sense - for some reason I don't know,
it makes me feel quite ladylike. Practical!
An unselfconscious multitasker. I'm on the job.
Yet if some fucking dude
comes in, before I've finished
the first part of my business, I yell: "HEY!
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

I'M TRYING TO TAKE A PISS
SITTING DOWN!"

This serves only
to underscore my manliness.

All we men are sensitive about that shit.

No comments: