A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

blood in the water

I wash all the dishes
with all my sharpest knives
jumbled, skewed, concealed by suds, you know
it could be suicide
with the water so, so hot
and my propensity to push -
I cannot leave a task, half-done
I must complete what I've begun
even if I have to

red could be a warning sign
red, a call for help

I must complete what I've begun
the world is swimming black around
the visions closing in in front
I cannot leave a task, half-done

it's just a nick, a scratch
he lied

some wear their courage like a badge
I will push through, I'm almost done
and red could be a warning sign

you're soaking in it, madge

No comments: