A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

the sexy part

if you were a deer
I'd be an antler. 
Sexiest antler in the world

and if you were a tree,
I'd be a twig or a branch or a limb, 
sexiest twig, branch or limb 
in the world

and if you were a bird - 
I'd be a feather. 
Sexiest feather in the world 

and if you were with me, 
we'd be together. 

And I'd be a part of you 
never apart from you 
the sexiest part of you 
in the world 

and if you were a rose-bush 
I'd be a petal. 
Sexiest petal in the world 

and if you were a road, 
I'd be a pebble, 
sexiest pebble in the world. 

I don't mean on top of you, 
I'd be embedded. 
Sexiest bed in the world 

And anyone could ask me 
where this road is headed 

'Cause I'd be a part of you 
never apart from you 
the sexiest part of you 
in the world 

And if you were real life, 
I'd be pretending. 
Sexiest daydream in the world 

And if you were a song, 
I'd be the ending. 
Sexiest fade-out in the world 

And if you were gone, 
I don't know where I'd be. 
Sexiest missing in the world. 

And if you were wrong, 
I know which part I'd be. 
Sexiest excuse, justified
insanity plea or otherwise 
exculpatory factor in the world
 

No comments: