A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, July 11, 2021

call me back

I was sitting outside on the patio 
when from the distance, across 
the common depression (flood 
basis) I heard a staccato horror 
movie scream. It was human 
but barely, all jammed together
into one word: callmeback!

It sounded like the scream 
of not the victim. But 
the monster. It was 
scary not scared. 

"CALL ME BACK" 
a very different voice 
sang-song rang out,
in long alto notes. 

After a long pause. 
Farther off. Then finally 

like a whisper directly 
in my ear 

call me back! 

It was really a high, hoarse
holler but from so far away 
now,

I don't think I will

No comments: