A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Lying to the doctor

Lying to the doctor
again. 
My vision is normal.
I don't lose sensation. 
And I can catch my breath
without breaking a sweat. 
I can't even answer 
about palpitation!
'Cause all of the questions 
you're asking of me. 
A checklist of things I don't want
to know! 
Not gonna look it up on the internet.
Hypochondria is easy to catch,
you know

In fact, I'm lying
about going to 
the doctor at all. 

I haven't been to see her 
in years and years 
of unbroken, unbent, unbowed health.
There's really no point going 
if you're just going to lie,
I fear  

No comments: