A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 15, 2021

jeez gawd face

"I'm going to kill you," 
he said after a long, thoughtful 
pause. "Look." I said.

"I don't know who told you that, 
but they lied to you." 

"No," he seemed confused. "I'm
telling you that. I'm the one saying
it." Across his face, frustration and
irritation played chess. Pause. "Are
you calling me a liar?" 

I thought about that one.
Technically I wasn't, but this was
no time to be conciliatory. Perhaps
evasion with a dash of mixed signals.
I shook my head and said "Wanna
make something of it?" 

"Yes!" he erupted. "I'm going to kill
you!" 

"Don't make such a big deal out of it!"
I made a huge jeez gawd face. "We all
die!" I reverted to resting curious face. 
"So, when were you planning to get 
started? Killing me?"

He broke evilly into a grin. "Oh, 
now and then. By and by. You'll 
see." 

Dang. I hate surprises

No comments: