A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, October 04, 2020

wombful of puppies

I had a dream I was in
a wombful of puppies
and it made no sense.
I could sense these dudes
packed loosely in and around
like beans were puppies.

But I was a fetal
human
being. 

Then the cosmic bitch mind
intoned: "Unso. You died 
and have been reincarnated, yo.
You have only this choice:
assume puppy form 

Or return to unbeing,
no more to be born." 

But I said, what about
this fetus I am? I can 
feel the toes. I can feel
the hands. These are 
not puppylike as
appendages go.

Will momma dog
not be traumatized 
to see such dead baby
as me in the mix 
sliding out when
my puppy sibs arrive?

"Unso" intoned
the cosmic bitch mind.
"We've got all that covered,
you'll see and find. Or if
you choose otherwise,
you'll see what I mean." 

It was not a dream. 

It was not a dream. 

No comments: