A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 29, 2020

no comedy

I'm not a comedian, folks. 
Nor do I aspire to be standing 
in front of people trying to talk
about something so they can all 
laugh at me! I tell true truths, 
well-grasped, firmly and easily

and often enough right-sized 
and which-end up. If they end up 
funny, I wasn't. It's just how I see 
fit to deliver them cocked at a blithe,
oblique angle - precisely and accurately
as they exist in the world! Don't blame 

me 

if the world's peculiar. It is just.
Seems perfectly normal from where
I stand, but maybe I missed something
I wasn't privy to in your upbringing? Spill,
if so! I'm keen to know, but otherwise: go

find a corner and stand on your head,
not mine  
next time, sunshine.

No comments: