A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

"Note to Self"

I am going to take
your life and shove:
step carefully along the bluff.
Do not doubt promise, threat
and wish. I’m going to take
your life and kiss
- air-kiss it ‘bye,
buh-bye, ha!-ha
I’m going to take your life
away.

I’m going to stick it
where it goes. From up
on high, to down below
ten stories down,
so happily ever
all the way:

on broken rocks
a-frolicking we go
in breaking surf.
Your broken toes
and fingers, neck
and ribs will twist
in breaking hurt
through gaping rents
of parting flesh.

Let blue green salt
wash bright red salt
into a rusty broth
of brown. Let fishes
far too small to see
gasp wetly in this
coming out,

and coming down.

4 comments:

Joel Fry said...

Let the hands that feed you
cut your hands away.
Let the feet that lead you
walk you through the distance of disease
where spiders show their young the ropes
and demons blacken their skin
in beds of coals.

Let the worst of me
be the best of you
when I enter you like the cave
of my own caving disgust.

I listen for you in the rain
when there is nothing to hear
but corn growing in the dark,
when the moon raises its watch
above a lurching canvas.

Come to call me uncle
in the avuncular light of laughter.

I am you, seeding your dress
like a cape.

Joel Fry said...

Thanks! I have a blog called Susurrus Waking.

dogimo said...

Strong stuff, Joel. Thanks for the comment.

I sincerely hope you put this up someplace in its own light! I appreciate it, yet few will see it here.

dogimo said...

Whoop! You ninja'd me on the reply. I posted mine twice (typo)

I'll check it out, thanks.