A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 09, 2019

case by case

I kinda want to be the corpse
in the tv detective episode,
an easy acting job for me. Just
show up on an angry press conference
on a screen, in the background - Then
sat in a chair, looking dead
for a shot.
And a reverse shot
- the reaction. As whoever came in,
and discovered me: shock, grief,
probably remorse - maybe they
feel guilty about it. I was
killed,
after all.
And they did nothing. Well,
cut you some slack, people! You just
came in. Discovered me! You have
to call in

the main characters, see

what they think. Yup.
It's a case. That's the last
we'll see of me,
except
some photographs, evidence
materials, maybe - one detective
spots something canny
- what can it mean? I think

we might need me for a few
flashback scenes
in case they get hung up.
I could interact with
the main characters,
you know, it could be
the psychic episode. I
could solve the case

and marry the sexy detective
which

would outrage the fans,
okay. All stuck on the whole
will-they won't-they aren't
they? But,

it's a plot twist. No show
has integrity if what you expect
is all they can give.

No comments: