A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

edge of slumberland

The things you say soft
while you fall asleep, breaking
in upon your own thoughts
as they trail and swim,
and seep, and sink, breaking off
and back on, are pieces
of secrets I know
by heart, all wrong.
With each time, each
slip and wordfall
that has come soft again
as if ever before to fill in,
to clarify, to let once
be known for all time: and why.
My breath held like a glass.
Your breath like a page, your voice
falling like pen,
and drifting pressed
indelibly into
memory, telling me
you are mine
in illegible scrawl.
Undressed, and
Incomprehensible.
But it's fine. I'm
beginning to know
by now, for some time
just how to decipher
what you mean to me.
You're falling asleep
again, that's all.
I am still waking up
in moments like this,
in this dream. I'm beginning
to trust how this goes. Let it
be.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Thank you, Miss Dodgy!