A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

explains it

Listen I 
explain shit to people 
the same way people understand it. 
I don't dumb down or insult intelligence 
frankly I think intelligence probably knows 
it's above slights unless it itself is. Slight 
I mean. I tell it how it means. 
I can't help it if I don't mean a thing 

I have nothing to say then. People 
have every right to expect whatever 
the heck they want of me! "Expectation" 
is the least reliable form of fantasy, 
and if that's how they wish to indulge
self, hey. 

Knock it out, self. Knock one out. 
I'm not going to tell 'em knock it off. 
I'll make an intent but not intense 
Sincere but not serious (how can it 
be serious?) attempt to know what 
the hell their deal is, and then 

I'll explain it to them. 
Just how they understand it. 

And then we're all on the same 
page, and hanging on 
as some occult hand 
turns it
and the shadow falls 
across the underside, where 
we now abide, watching the facing 
page fly up to meet us 

faceplant. 

All on the same page, 
and the eyes of the reader 
have moved on. 

You ever get that feeling? 
Or one like it? Don't worry, 
it's totally psychological

No comments: