A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, November 05, 2018

"Misdoubt."

I return
to the words
and the sayings
and times of ours,

and the good that we were
still shines.
And I know

you do, too.
Some thing

has you thinking
of me, the way I

still think of you.

We were fine.

Were we only a way
to help ourselves through

all the things
that we'd have to do -

our new starts?

Or did we go somewhere wrong?
Maybe

we shouldn't have blown apart. But

I've always known,
since we did.
That I could depend on you.
So maybe we're guilty
of one misstep?

So what.

Every one since then has been true.

No comments: