A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 09, 2018

dick pics are empirically not a problem

If my growing-respectable sample size of years
of experience forged in tears and in sacrifice
are indicative,

dick pics are empirically not a problem.
I haven't seen one, except those I've sent

I don't think they ever occur in real life
or if they don't,
then that proves me right.

But I never got one,
is the point.

That's life.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

Here's a rare example of a poem where the soft, cruddy inchoate lines that sent me to the letter-buttons never even came close to making it into it. I had a couple ideas to do with "if a guy ever sent me a dick pic" and "flip him off" - touching subtly upon the fact I STILL don't have a smartphone.

But I came to the window to compose and this lovely little lead-in to the main meat of what was to be the artistic work eventuated.

And I decided to lop it off! Exposing a universal truth of all my ways, acts, works and pieces:

What brought me here is irrelevant.