A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, March 18, 2018

boundary carved in breeze

People don't like me; I've decided.
Some of them. You know the ones.
Because they've decided I don't
care if they do.

That's fair. What people think
of me

is none of my business, and
entirely valid. What you see

is as true as how I feel! Tell it

from your authentic heart,

And I will be oh, interested
because it is interesting! People?

You're interesting. Every last
one of you

I've met, and
the one before that, too.
So far, I'm willing to abide
by your verdicts of mind and heart

where I'm concerned, because

hey, what am I supposed to do
to your mind? Change it? Ew.

I don't want to think
about that. Isn't that

one of the ten signs
of the narcissist or sociopath?

Mind manipulation! Or trying to? Come on

You can't. Those psychopaths are kidding
themselves. I

don't even try, and it speaks

well of me, even if, you know
I'm okay if it doesn't? Let it
be said. People say
what they want to hear themselves
saying, that's what I say.

The other day
on social media I saw someone share
something someone had said about something
someone had shared that her kid had said,
and I think that's great. That's the kind
of positive thing we need in these dim,
sometimes downright dark days. I thought
I'd share that with you. Puppy stories,

drunk people disgracing their lives
forever but in a funny way, hey.

Most of the contact we have with people
we'll never meet is like that. So what

Does it matter if you don't like me?
That's cool. That's your business, not

mine, feel free. And if you've got some

to say, say it so far
behind my face,

that I won't have to act compassionate,
which I am,
like I mind,
which I don't.

We all get what we want, eventually
in this life. Don't we? If not,

don't tell me! I do so far, and
I want it to keep being
a surprise. I'm okay

with everything I want, and
if I don't get it, it's been

wonderful to want it

No comments: