A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, September 03, 2017

the wishing hook

Hung on a wishing hook, dangled as if
from the unsteady firmament, stars
falling left, right
around you, you
hang

there so
steady, as if

none of this

is to do with you. And it isn't.

I wish
and I wish,
I could lift you down, but
I cannot reach, and

you do not fall

for any of it. Yourself pierced through,
you've concerns of your own to occupy you.

It would be
so easy, or

easy enough, but

this isn't a dignified way to go, love.

I wish that it was.

2 comments:

Mel said...

This is lovely.

dogimo said...

Thank you, Mel!

After publishing this, suddenly I felt like "I've had a number of poems lately with 'wish' as a theme." And I thought, "this one is my favorite that I can recall! I should stop."

But then I was like "wait. If the last in the sequence is my favorite, then I should continue."

Anyway. I seem to enjoy having these little deliberations, even though I know that once I get a phrase or an image, the decision's probably done.