A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

woke up lucky

yesterday was weird
like I was walking around in a real,
but it felt so dream

but today I woke up:
my illusions were gone
and you were still dancing
in front of me - and your smile
has won

over all of the frowns
I ever had to pull,
to scowl the world down.

As I walked to work,
the sun came up
on a world that looked
like it was supposed to be

laid out for you and me.
And as I walked, I skipped
over every crack,
for luck.

1 comment:

Mel said...

This is lovely. Reminded me of this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Da8FnTiqaY&feature=youtu.be

SAID SO.