A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Kathleen.

it's only the fact
that you used to pop up
in my window, surprise!
You would brighten my days. And
that keeps you in me. And
in memory, and - in that memory,
you, and your smile and eyes

keep me always amazed.

but you'll never see this.
For no purpose at all,
no ulterior hint
I set thought of you down
of your eyes, and that smile

How artistically pure of me! How
infantile. Not a motive in mind.

You will never know me. And
you'll never see this, and
and all such things are fine.

For your eyes, and your smile
might have just as well frowned
if the beauty you make
- without motive or thought,
just surprising us all -
isn't worth setting down.

No comments: