A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, August 04, 2011

i kissed a girl because

I kissed a girl because
she was lonely and lovely
and needed kissin'. This
is the story of how
it all came about. She
came to me, and sat upon
a wall I myself had
been leaning upon all
afternoon. She said "upon
is one of my favorite words.
Please kiss me sir, for I am
lonely and need kissin.'" I said,
"lonely and lovely and need kissin',
I'd say." But at this

she sniffed, and turned her head.
"Fie upon your poetic corrections,
messire." My injured dignity shot back:
"go fie yourself! Fuck you
and your forced archaisms, bitch!" This
was perhaps an overreaction.
Then we kissed.