A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Highly Conscious Rhymes Flow On Beat & On Time

NOPE!
Was the part of my last thing
so what's the dilly-o
check out what my rhymes bring!
power to the people but the rhythm isn't equal!
This ain't no prequel!
Phantom menace me? You buggin'!
I'm medieval,
this, my rhyme is what I barter with!
I bring to marketplace
trade you for a dozen eggs
BAM! In the pan, for an omelette
with onion!
What you couldn't reckon with -
no you didn't reckon on!
No I ain't no serf, ain't no peon
I'm a monolith!
In the desert stood two vast and legless trunks of stone
with a sign that said: "Ice Cube's a Pimp!"
Pull out the pleasure!
Time to mix in the business
I take the streets and then they call me revolutionist!
I'm not a terrorist
check out what my rhyme flows
check out where my mind goes
your rhymes are just so-so!
You sucka m.c.'s tryin' to act subconscious
but listen to the words comin' out of your conscience!

No comments: