A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

invented ailments

I woke up with a stomach 
and lord knows what else 
my arm felt like it had been 
caught in a shoulder machine 
because my pillow was out
-of-joint or maybe it was 
a dream I had. Anyway, 
I was feeling almost 
entirely fantastic, 
fabulous, like a fable 
with aches and pains 
instead of animals 
and I rushed to the room 
and caught them all 

in apt names. 
Tamed by this rough 
treatment, I picked up 
my spine by the hips, 
gave myself a huge, crippling 
twist and the whole thing 
reeled back to a state 
of precision maintenance 

which 
to be honest 
I never could do a thing with, 
honestly. 


No comments: