A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, March 27, 2023

verbatim - 1

I pray hard all you wish
and hope comes true. It IS true.
Fortunately or unfortunately,
since God doesn't exist provably
up to my snuff (skeptic take), I'll cop that
I pray on my own power. It works!

See, I trust God's judgment enough
to know my bad prayer coming true
is HIS fault, not mine - but I'll kick my
ass for all prayers so foul o' mine. I pray
well enough, like Picard telling the whole
ship to make so what the crew can't even
do yet. It ain't so, John Luke! Get your bald
ass out of the technobible and

Ow. He smacked me down. See, that's the faith
problem in a nutshell. Picard trusts the WHOLE
SHIP! He's right so many times you could make
a drinking game out of it! Get pissed!

I'm like, "it's just a bad special effect, Jean Dude.
Don't smack the fan"

Unless of course, you be all like: "that fan has shit
on it." SMACK IT OFF. Jean Luc Picard doesn't work
that style. Data couldn't do it. Only Spock.

Spock would do it so wrong it's funny, as ol' Bones
has a field day on his A+ fascination trip. OK, that
was dumb. 

No comments: