A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Pathwise pound.

I'm not sad or mad at any of this! 
Just trying to get through each day,
one time - without some pileup of age
to drag my steps all dogged and bowing
behind. Is that so fair? 

Am I right? It's is but just so. 
Fair as life. Call a spade, man
- dig! You never know

what fits a given hole,

'til you step out across one. 

In you go. Hold the applause, first 
please. I was not finished. My breath 
- I held it. That's why I'm still here, 
I suppose. Walk on, carry a little, 
shovel a lot and who knows what?

Could happen so much

No comments: