A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Now what

I see you
upside-down a lot
on Instagram, walking
on your hands, lying
on the floor looking up,
somehow looking down
at me. For what? Judging you?
That's impossible anyway. 
You give everyone the same
look, and it's pretty superior
in case you weren't aware.
And I'm here, wondering
now what? Do I approve?
Am I complicit in this?
What if I'm not? Then 
what? Who the hell 
are you anyway? Who 
is this person?

I used to think I knew. 

When the invite came I was like 
"Oh! Yeah, I know who that is.
How great to get back in touch! 
What a modern convenience!" 
But now I'm not so sure. I don't know 
whether you ever really were who
I thought you were. Really. 

I think you might be somebody else

Now what

No comments: