A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, September 17, 2020

joke clock

There was a guy I knew 
with a joke clock on the wall 
that told time old-school. 
By hand, except - and the joke's 
here, if any: the big hand was a penis, 
and so was the other one. He remarked 
on it (it was the first I heard about 
the clock, I didn't know what he 
was talking about), insisting 
they were the same dick 
in different states. I was like 
"What?" then followed his pointing 
digit, confused by his broad grin. 
I saw the clock. It was twenty to 
one. Nice odds, I figured. "I bet 
you're right. It very well could be."
When I came back next time, I
looked to see what time it was 
and said "Hey! Your clock's hands
are made out of dicks!" I thought 
he must have just got it. The time 
before, I misunderstood what he 
was getting at. The pieces fit 
eventually, but I still don't know 
what made him so sure about 
the hands. To be frank, they were 
sort of cartoonish. Not too terribly 
realistic. Maybe somebody thought
it was funnier that way. Anyway 
I was just kidding. There never was 
such a guy. I just made him up 
to explain the clock

No comments: