A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

"The Whole Load"

Part of me hopes
to leave you stuck for words
transfixed by the truth
in my eyes, and the hurt
And prick your conscience a bit
'cause your conscience is a prick
it won't climb on your back,
not for me, not for this

I got a whole load of questions for you,
I've got a whole load of questions for you
I got a whole load of questions for you
I don't mean one or two,
I've got a whole load

But part of me hopes
you'll have the answers for all
you can fit into place
just like bricks in a wall
and I won't see any cracks,
and I'll have to say I'm wrong -
I'll apologize to you,
and you'll say, "no harm"

...trust doesn't mean not asking
...trust means believing the answer
...trust means, you look me in the eye,
say whatever you like, and I
will believe it, I'll try
I'll believe it I'll try,
I believe it I'll try,
I'll try - I will swallow my

whole load of questions for you
the whole load of questions for you
I got a whole load of questions for you
I don't mean one or two,
I've got a whole load

Is now a good time?
Could you sit yourself down?
Yield me the floor,
'cause I need it right now
baby, please don't interrupt
you'll have your chance to talk
but there's air we need to clear,
'cause I can't breathe at all

No comments: