A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, October 24, 2019

our pantheon

We invent mythology between us
and dive into it, becoming myth
mid-plunge. I will not be bound
except by will, and only there
where will is good, and yours.
I am set loose upon you like a storm,
because you love storms, and
I know you do. And you love
to dive.

I love the plunge
more than the fall.
When the surface breaks
and envelops you whole, and your breath
takes itself all the way inside,
to hide its shame
from this all the way
in and through
wild ride.

I am Hercules, with his horn
of wine (I'm sure Hercules had
something like that) while you,
Artemis, goddess of hunt, of wild
animals and the moon, say "If you
see me nude, I will oh, never
mind." We are actually nothing
like either of these. We make sport
and turn through archetypes as we will
and please, with conceit left behind
with modesty,

and the greatest of ease.

No comments: