A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, June 01, 2019

stochasticism

Done for no reason, or not at all.
Things should be, I mean.
That's my motto,
and every call
that I make along lines
tends to curve and arc
either towards or away
from shine,
or dark,
or stimulus, so-called
(perceived). Chances are
I'm indifferent to all such cues
- at least, so I
have been forced
to observe
I believe.

I was thinking of some
-thing else, just then. When
I did the thing. Something else besides
reason or principle, or any such
so-called second-order
reasoning. You see
In any given
moment - the decisive one,
stretching out for subjective
weeks, maybe

until just when you'd otherwise think
(or you'd think so) (you'd think
you would) - in that moment,

the utter white noise
of one's mind kicks in for good,
wipes blank in a massive,
flashing laser array of focus,
and drives away all concerns
both extraneous and otherwise
that you'd find. And it's off!

Chasing a white hot crazy dance
and scamper and slide! After
a disembodied dot
a disemprojected point of light
from a nonexistent laser pen,
being chased in turn by
an absolute cat
- which may or might
exist, but can't
at this moment
be reached. Which is good
because more to the points of its
imagined claws
- can't reach you. And within which,

(the cat?!)

there is only one point
in the world
to be missed: of awareness,

perhaps

it is always off-joint,
in-focus, mid-kilter
and gone for a ride

in accordance with prophecy
got up impromptu, a vulgar
and rude self-anointing
decided upon to mislead
the cat. No dice. We tried. It
skews ever so
slightly up,
in a twinkling, a trice
we arrive now radically home, as I try
to look on the lopside
of things. That's just as
things lie, so to be precise
I always try to look there,
when I see what's-what.

I succeed, pretty much
inevitably.

If you ever ask me
for the reasons involved?

"It is what it seems,"
I will hint,

"There are three,"
but don't push me for details
that I won't solve. Instead, join me
now - let's find it all out
as we live and breathe,
and our minds revolve
in our heart's desire, perchance
to dissolve.

I was kidding.
There aren't "three" that's just
kind of an in-joke, you know. Any time
you stump me with a poser I'll start off,
Well,
"There are three main reasons"
and I just make them up!
Good ones, usually. But

they were not even present,
were never referred to
at the decision-level. The end
only came to being
because of the sentence. "Explanations"
maybe

would be a better word.
And I assure you

there are three.
There are always three
it's a little absurd

No comments: