A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

object lesson

They say wisdom is
what memory makes
of your mistakes,

or something, right?
But really, mistakes
are educational more
for other people. Well,

Edutainment, perhaps.
A multitask.

They get to see
the whole process unfold
down on me, without
the nasty distraction of doing
it, to be subsequently
concussed

to unconsciousness.

You see, much clearer
from where you stand
and stifle a laugh
on my behalf.

Because I can't. You do it
considerately.

This lesson's for us - but you'll be the one

reminding me. It has already
slipped

away, I guess.
So you be the one

to bring it back. My memory's not
the best for anything dumb.

No comments: