A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 05, 2024

mark time

I mark time in smiles 
and laughter like bells
spinning out in the void
not a thing to sell 

I used to build bridges 
by frequency 

Now wavelength is how 
you are kept in me 

You still ripple in waves 
breaking out to far shores 
from everything you 

that I can't help adore
but I understand, too 

about growing apart 
it means no way to say 
you still stick like a dart 
and you still spread roots
in my heart of hearts. 

You're still putting up 
shoots in fits and starts 
every time the sun shines 

I'm still feeling you bud
Even now cast between us:
such thick, rich mud 

So I love when it rains 
because of how you look, wet
I still stake all our pains 

It's for joys
I bet

No comments: