A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 03, 2022

it's the business

I have an unfortunate, sappy
tendency to want the sunrise
blushing glow to draw out
forever, never burn into
unforgiving day, never clash
and break into late afternoon
storms, never wither and die
never to rise again. I want
cool people to be all happy!

It's bad for business, though.
One wants harsh, hard, lurid clash
in plots with points like gnashing,
grinding teeth of gears! And sometimes,
stories don't have happy endings!

Toughen up, hombre.
I speak for myself here, 
not believing you need such 
reminders, but in case you 
agree: toughen up, hombress.

Catastrophe
builds character, 
and what makes you
stronger won't make you
Nietzsche, thank God.
Don't worry about it.
The abyss thinks you're
cute, and so do I. 

There is at work in us
and between: a work. And
it never needs why. Just 
two whos and a how. 

2 comments:

Em said...

I will reach you.

dogimo said...

Mission accomplished!