A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, June 18, 2021

weird bus

I caught the bus
Santa Cruz down town 
in a couple of stops 
we were in N.J. 
three thousand miles wrong, 
so I got back off. 
And the bus rolled away. 

I looked around. I was 
at my college again. 
And stifling, suffocating 
from all the clothes. See, 
that bus rolled off all happy 
and nude! As every single one 
put their clothes on me. So 

I trekked campuswise 
to discover the place, 
and how it had been 
since all these years. 

I could barely move 
due to all of the clothes, 
and everyone I met stripped 
to add their gear. I inferred 
from this, I was some kind 
of goat of the sacrificial kind, 
with a load sincere. I might even
be killed by the weight of it all! 
All society's clothes, stripped-nude
taboos. Which,

somehow 

I chose? Taken on for them,
all the clothes they took off?
Well, not to be rude, but
I really didn't need this on top
of all else. I don't recall asking
to be this way. 

I'm happy for the whole wide world, 
if so! But I'm dying in here. Wait 

what, no - it's okay. That's actually 
a cute outfit! I don't mind 

that one so much. 

It fits

No comments: