A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 14, 2017

Loyalties torn

A dun-coloured falcon just soared
thru here, three feet off the yard.

A yard high and half the yard across,
then out of sight past the corner hedge
of the screened-in porch. I didn't hear

her paralyzing cry, so
maybe she wasn't bun-hunting. If she was,

of course I wish her luck.

1 comment:

dogimo said...

The use of the British spelling of "coloured" and the American misspelling of "thru" are both deliberate.

However, since I can't well articulate what effect is being aimed for, I can only cite a strong but vague feeling that "it had to be that way," the fact the choice was deliberate doesn't necessarily do me any credit.