but aren't they all random?



A Pocketful of Poesy was a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog* up until the great derail of 2013. The impossibly-high standard of quality proved impractical to keep up, without a book deal. But don't take my word for it: click RANDOM and judge for yourself! And feel free to offer your critique.
*based on poem rate for calendar years 2009-2012. Also, kidding about the book deal.

Friday, November 13, 2015

windows

I see the world in your eyes,
and I am outside.

But if I let you close,
I can see myself

Reflected in you
at least, part
of the view

A secret
so big,
I was sure
we both knew

But the eyes
are the windows, they say -
in this cell,

I know your eyes are. And outside,
I can tell it's a beautiful world,
but I can't get in. I can breathe,
I can see, but as long as I look
I will never be free
again.

No comments: