A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 16, 2012

if money was ass

if money was ass
baby I would hold
yours up to the light,
before I cash that

OW

cha-ching!

wait

that won't even make sense
it should have been
if ass was money

anyway, baby
I can see your ass
is not a counterfeit

it's the genuine bill of goods
see? there's that little reverse-face
presidential tattoo, just there hiding
on the right side

wait

that's not your ass

this
is a hundred dollar bill.

Just what do you take me for,
baby? Am I some
commodity? is this some
transaction? well

NO SALE

my love is for free or not at all!

baby,

what's the meaning of this attempted filthy lucre?
you can't sell love in this state baby! What a pitiful
state if you could! oh yeah

that's right. we did
bet on the game didn't we. I forgot. I won, huh?

in your face

No comments: