A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 12, 2011

that was a GUNSHOT

was that a GUNSHOT

we don't get gunshots
in this neighborhood?

it was
it must have been

the news broke in with a report
of a loud report, and outside

sirens wailing, bewailing the broken silence
converging from all directions to assail

the source of all this violence

1 comment:

Mel said...

Yeah, this happened to me once as well. Here's what went down.

So, gunshots rang out like a bell and I grabbed my nine, all I heard was shells. Then I fell on the concrete real fast, jumped in my car and slammed on the gas.

It was bumper to bumper, the avenue was packed. I tried to get away before the jackers jacked.

Then there were police on the scene, (you know what I mean) but they passed me up and confronted all the dope fiends.

I tell ya, if there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it.