A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

failed exorcism

I picked up this place
for a song. The cost
was suspiciously
far below market value.
But I knew about that.
And I'd fallen far,
from loved to lost
- the real estate agent
was perfectly honest:
she laid it all down.

So the deal was inked.
Three years ago, I moved
into this house, because
I had heard it was haunted. And how
I would love to be haunted! - by anything
else but the absence of you,
and the presence of what
you have left me without.

But your spirit moved
in, too.

Despite the fact
you're alive and well! Oh, all too
alive, all too well, I know.
And this whole house of ghosts
has gone quiet as souls:
the memory of you
permits no other holds.

1 comment:

Tess Kincaid said...

I am so into ghosts. Lovely mix of the spiritual and the romantic.