A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

flags from whole cloth

one time
I met this latin senorita,
and I was like "hey, hon,
how's that hot-blooded stereotypical temperament
treatin' ya?"

and she laughed,
she laughed because she had a good sense of humor

and we were like chi chi chi
and cha cha cha

but it didn't end up working out,
somehow.

and then one time,
with this irish lass,
I arched a brow and said
something to the effect
of "kiss me you're irish!"

only far, far more fetching
and clever somehow

(there was drink involved)

and she tasted of Becks not Guinness
which was fine

but I had to draw the line at Bushmills
that's for protestants

then this brit, well she sure did have a thing
for that thing that the british have a thing for
and I kidded her about that a bit, you can be sure

for breakfast we had bangers and cheerios

which went together, well,
about as well
as you'd suppose

No comments: