A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, July 03, 2010

selfcontractor

I made myself a ton
of bricks, and then
I came down on my life

with every single one
of them. the dent it made
was nothing slight

which packed the ground
foundation-firm. I mixed
the mortar thick and gray

and set the bricks in order
one by one, and row by row
each day

so row by row the building
grew, and brick by brick,
solidified

until my bricks were all used up
the mortar was all laid, and dried
in one imposing edifice. But still
it seemed not strong enough

And so I got some straw,
and sticks, I have
run out

of sterner stuff

No comments: