A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

hate voicemail

I hate leaving voicemails
I never know what to say

Signing off, by mistake
I almost said "I love you"

it would have been a complete
mistake! Needless to say

the only reason I didn't slip
was that I was talking in my
"professional voice" - which
would have sounded ridiculous

to say "I love you" at the end
of a message like that, all clipped

thank God, I guess. Thank

God, how awkward would that
have been? As if you needed
to hear that! As if you need
to hear that, to

well.

a bullet dodged, as I hang up
I'm shaken up, as if just because
I almost said it, it's that much more
true, and then I was

a little less over you
than I was

No comments: